This policy together with our Terms and Conditions of Supply (available to download from our website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and advise you to read their policy before continuing to access and use their site.
Who we are
In compliance with EU Regulation 2016/279 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) dated 25th May 2018, please see our details as below:
- Dorman Smith Switchgear Limited of 1 Nile Close, Nelson Court Business Centre, Ashton on Ribble, Preston, Lancashire PR2 2XU
- Company registration number: 00327695
- Website address: www.dormansmithswitchgear.com
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or subscribe to our newsletter.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information about your computer (for example; your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out obligations under contract.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email campaigns. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-communication. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at email@example.com
If you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will limit our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and it’s owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor it’s owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- In the event that we purchase a business or become part of a group of companies.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by not ticking the relevant opt-in boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place
- Restrict processing
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Make a complaint to a supervisory authority.